Boarding and flights
- Q.Where can I find information about my flight status or flight cancellations in the event of a typhoon or other disaster?
A.Please contact your airline company or check the website of your airline company.
- Q.What objects am I not allowed to bring into the cabin?
A.You cannot bring sharp objects (such as scissors or nail clippers), golf clubs, and other objects that can be used as a weapon into the cabin. We appreciate your cooperation.
There is a limit on the size of your carry-on baggage. Note that this limit may differ depending on your airline company. Please contact your airline company for more details.
- Q.What are the restrictions for liquids?
A. Since March 1, 2007, there are restrictions for bringing liquids on board all international flights departing from Japan. You are allowed to bring liquids into the cabin in the following cases:
- (1) All liquids that you bring are stored in separate containers of 100 ml or less.
- (2) All the containers are carried in a resealable transparent plastic bag (no larger than one liter) with a zip fastener in which they easily fit.
- (3) One person is allowed to bring a maximum of one plastic bag into the cabin.
- ※Medical supplies, baby food and baby milk, and foods for people with a restricted diet are excluded.
For more details, visit
- Q.Where can I check seat availability?
A.Please directly contact your airline company.
- Q.How do I perform the embarkation procedure and check-in work when I need to transfer from a domestic flight to an international flight?
A. When you plan to travel by domestic flight from Hiroshima Airport to Haneda Airport, Narita Airport, or another international airport and need to transfer to an international flight, the embarkation procedure takes place at the airport at which you will board your international flight.
As for check-in, depending on your airline company, you may be able to check in for both flights at Hiroshima Airport, or you may need to check in for your domestic flight at Hiroshima Airport and check in for your international flight at the airport where you will board your international flight.
For more details, please contact the airline company of your domestic flight or the airline company of your international flight.
- Q.How do I get to Hiroshima Airport?
A.Go to the page about transportation to and from Hiroshima Airport to view the required travel times and transportation fees. When you travel to Hiroshima Airport by car, exit the expressway at the Kochi IC or the Hongo IC. From Hiroshima, it takes about 10 minutes to arrive at Hiroshima Airport via the Kochi IC. From Fukuyama, it takes about 15 minutes via the Hongo IC. Visit for more details.
- Q.Where are the bus stops of the different bus companies?
A.Please view the bus stop information page.
If your bus stop is not mentioned on the information page, contact the company that operates the bus.
- Q.How can I reserve a seat on a limousine bus?
A.Because all the seats on limousine buses are non-reserved, we do not take reservations. Please go directly to the bus stop.
- Q.Can I use a credit card to buy a ticket for the limousine bus?
A.Tickets bought at the ticket machine in the 1st-floor domestic arrival lobby are payable in cash only.
To buy a ticket by credit card, visit Family Mart in the 1st-floor domestic arrival lobby.
- Q.If I have a return ticket for the limousine bus to Hiroshima Station Shinkansen Gate, can I board at Hiroshima Bus Center for the return trip?
A.Yes. Because your ticket covers both the route between Hiroshima Airport and Hiroshima Station Shinkansen Gate and the route between Hiroshima Airport and Hiroshima Bus Center, you can board the limousine bus at either Hiroshima Station Shinkansen Gate or at Hiroshima Bus Center.
- Q.How can I use a shared taxi to travel from Hiroshima Airport?
A.To use a shared taxi from Hiroshima Airport, you need to make a reservation. Use one of the following phone numbers for inquiries:
Hiroshima Airport Taxi Transport Association
Tel. 082-437-2525 (from Japan)
Tel. +81-82-437-2525 (from overseas)
Airport Facilities and Services
- Q.At what time does the terminal open?
A.The terminal is open from 6:00 to 22:00.
- Q.At what time do the shops and restaurants open?
A.The business hours vary for each shop and restaurant, but the first shop opens at 6:30.
- Q.Can I exchange foreign currency at the airport?
A.There is a branch of Hiroshima Bank and a Travelex store in the 2nd-floor international departure lobby. At both locations, you can exchange currency of all countries that are served by direct flights from Hiroshima Airport.
- ●Hiroshima Bank
Business hours:[Foreign currency exchange machine] Weekdays: 7:00-21:00; Sat., Sun., and public holidays: 8:00-21:00
[Counter] Weekdays: 7:00-12:00 and 13:00-15:00 (closed on Sat., Sun., and public holidays)
- ●Travelex Hiroshima Airport International Departure Lobby store
- Business hours: 6:45-18:00 and 19:00-21:00 (open 365 days)
※The time period between 18:00 and 19:00 may be shortened or lengthened depending on flight statuses.
For the available foreign currencies at each location and other details, check
- Q.Where can I rent a car?
A.You can rent a car at the rent-a-car counters in the 1st-floor domestic arrival lobby. Please contact a car rental agency for more details.
- Q.Is there a room for nursing mothers (lactation room) at Hiroshima Airport?
A.There are rooms for nursing mothers in the 2nd-floor domestic departure lobby, in the international departure lobby, and in the domestic gate lounge.
- Q.Using baggage lockers
A.There are baggage lockers available for use at three locations within the airport building.
Baggage lockers can be used for a duration of up to 10 days.
- Q.Is there an area in the Cycle Hub where I can leave the cardboard or the bag used for shipping my bicycle?
A.Yes. You can use the storage area in the Cycle Hub.
- Q.Can I rent a stroller or wheelchair at Hiroshima Airport?
A.You can borrow wheelchairs and strollers for free at the information counter in the 1st-floor domestic arrival lobby.
※If you borrow a wheelchair or stroller and intend to board an airplane, please inform your airline company at their counter.
- Q.Who do I contact when I've lost an item?
A.The number to call differs depending on where you lost the item. Use the following contact information:
- ○ Items lost within the airport terminal building
・Airport Building Information Counter: Tel. 0848-86-8151 Business hours: 8:00-21:20
・Inquiries about lost and found items
- ○ Items lost on the airplane
Please contact your airline company.
- ○ Items lost on the limousine bus
Please contact the bus company.
- ○ Items lost in the parking lot
Please contact the parking lot.